Friday, June 15, 2012

Super Simple Blackberry Cobbler!

It is blackberry season in Illinois, and i am happy about that! They are my favorite berry! I love them all, whether they be tart or sweet.

For Father's Day, i baked my FIL a blackberry cobbler. It's his favorite. This will buy me DIL Brownie Points for MONTHS.

I did a quick Google search for blackberry cobbler recipes, and i ended up using a simple one from Betty Crocker.

Ingredients:

2 ½ cups fresh or frozen blackberries (thawed and drained)
1 cup sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
½ cup melted butter (1 stick)

Heat oven to 375°.

In medium bowl stir together blackberries and sugar, and let sit for about 20 minutes until a syrup begins to form.

In a large bowl, stir together dry ingredients. Add milk and combine. Then add melted butter and combine again. Spread in ungreased 8x8 pan. Spoon berry mixture over the batter.

Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until dough rises and is golden.

Serve plain or with cream.

My house smells SO good right now!



Sugar your berries! I added an extra half cup because my father-in-law loves his extra sweet!

Whisk your dry ingredients together. Add 1 cup milk.

Add your butter and combine this again.

Spread the batter in the pan.

Drop berries and sugar onto the batter, covering the whole surface.

Pop this baby in the oven!

Yum! This looks so delicious!

And that is ALL there is to it! The hardest part of this is picking the berries! Of course, you don't HAVE to pick them, but i find a certain satisfaction in knowing this beautiful dessert came 100% naturally off the side of the road, and some ingredients i already had in my fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment